Thursday, August 18, 2011

Libertarian Haiku


A little hobby of mine is writing topical haiku poetry*. This is what I came up with...

No masters, no slaves
Beholden to nobody
I make my own way

Laden with thick chains 
under the guise of safety
I can hardly move

Pretending to help
market manipulation
can only destroy

Over-inflation
more State regulation
Pop goes the bubble

Taxation is theft
and the State is the bandit
picking my pocket

I hold my head high
For my burden is heavy
but my heart is Free

I would rather be
an enemy of the State
than of my neighbor

Left versus the Right
A play produced by the State
for its own pleasure


*If you're unaware, haiku is a traditional Japanese form of poetry. The first line has five syllables, the second has seven, and the third has five again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Trolls belong under bridges.